PMP® Exam Information
Booking Your Exam
After completing your training course with ILX Group you will be ready to take the PMP exam.
In order to sit the PMP® exam you must meet the following criteria:
You must have a four-year degree (bachelors or the global equivalent) and at least three years of relevant project management experience: minimum 4,500 hours of leading/directing projects, plus 35 hours of project management education.
Alternatively you must have a secondary diploma (high school or the global equivalent) and at least five years of project management experience: minimum 7,500 hours leading/directing projects, plus 35 hours of project management education.
If you meet this eligibility criteria you must apply to PMI directly to sit the exam. You may be subjected to an audit, if this is successful you will be issued with a "PMI Eligibility ID", this will allow you to book the PMP exam at a Prometric testing centre.
We recommend you read the PMP Handbook for more detailed information, this is available on the PMI site.
NEXT: Maintaining PMP®
- The PMP® exam consists of 200 questions
- 25 of the 200 questions are considered 'pre-test' questions
- Pre-test questions do not affect your final score
- Computer-based testing is the standard method in PMI exams
- The allotted examination time is four hours
- Exams are available via Prometric testing centres